As you know our communities and our nation has been upended with the global Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. During these difficult times, we need to remember what is most important in our lives and focus on being grateful for what we do have. The health and safety of everyone is our concern and in our prayers.
This is a very fluid situation and we understand that business decisions must be based on each unique situation and information from local jurisdictions. However, currently, we believe the continued operations of our business is essential to the health and well-being of our communities. In fact, certain municipalities and federal regulators have requested our services be available to maintain the body of waters we care for.
Importantly, please note the following:
- Proper sanitization will keep bodies of water safe for our community. As children and families across the country are being asked to shelter at home, providing the means for properly sanitized home pool environments is critical to helping maintain community health.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), COVID-19 [cdc.gov] cannot survive in a properly treated pool and hot tub water.
- Untreated water can promote many other types of bacteria (Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Shigella, etc.).
- The World Health Organization (WHO) [who.int] states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases:
- As designated by the Federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), our profession (swimming pool service and repair) provides a necessary and critical need for our community and is designated as a critical infrastructure need.
For these reasons and unless otherwise instructed by a particular jurisdiction, We want to inform you we are OPEN FOR BUSINESS, equipped and ready to serve you as long as we remain healthy and allowed to do so in accordance with mandated federal, state, and local restrictions. Denton County has issued a Disaster Declaration and Executive “Stay At Home” order effective 03/25/2020. We are including the document as an attachment for you to review. We have reviewed the Denton County order and requirements. The order applies to business and industry, with the exception of, designated critical infrastructure sectors. Critical infrastructures sectors include water and wastewater, chemical, critical manufacturing and public works as designated by the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Officials in the counties where we operate indicate we are an “Essential Services” business. We are open for business for our customers and their needs.
In addition to implementing measures to help ensure the health and well-being of our workers, we are also taking procedures to help ensure our customers are continuing to receive the best possible service and delivery during this time.
OUR CURRENT OPERATING PROCEDURES. We have implemented several additional important safety precautions. As a customer, you already know we send one cleaning technician to clean your pool. We do not send a team that travel together. Our solo cleaning tech model is a safe one.
Here are our current operating procedures for your safety and that of our workers:
- We will not allow any worker who is sick, has any flu-like symptoms, or who has sick family members to come to work. And we have ensured none of our workers have recently been out of the country.
- We will give special care to commonly touched surfaces on your pool equipment and have provided gloves for worker’s use.
- We ask if possible, to please keep children, adults, and animals indoors while our worker is on-site. 6’ social distancing will be observed by workers and respectfully ask you to do the same.
- Follow all recommended guidelines applicable outlined in the resource links below.
Please know we are communicating virtually, as we always have with our cleaning technicians to update them on any additional procedures in this fluid environment.
YOUR SPOT ON THE SCHEDULE IS SAFE. We know you need us now more than ever to keep your outdoor swimming pools and spas healthy and safe. As a regular customer, your cleaning spot on our schedule is secure. We want to assure you that you are our TOP priority and will not be bumped in order to service any new clients. During these times and the challenges of unpredictable springtime weather, your cleaning day might fluctuate. We are doing our very best under the current circumstances and we appreciate your understanding in advance.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO! Last, it is important for me to say outright, we love what we do, we are grateful to you — our customers — for your business, and we could not be more proud of our workers at Pool Care Specialists. We appreciate your continued support of our small local business. Your continued business will help all of us during this time of unprecedented events.
Again, we are open for business. We are here for you and look forward to putting this crisis in the past. If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please feel free to reach out to me personally or to our team at Pool Care Specialists.
May we all continue to stay safe, healthy and observe all recommendations.
Pool Care Specialists